ALMOND, APRICOT & GINGER GLAZED CHRISTMAS HAM
8-10kg full leg of ham
365g apricot conserve
365g ginger marmalade
500ml (2 cups) port
220g (2 cups) Lucky Slivered Almonds
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
200g (1 cup) dried apricots, sliced
1. Remove the ham from the fridge 2 hours before cooking. Preheat fan-forced oven to 140°C.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut around the shank of the ham. Gently remove the rind by running your fingers between the rind and the fat. Discard the rind. Score the fat in a diamond pattern diagonally at 2cm intervals. Transfer to a baking tray.
3. Place the apricot conserve, ginger marmalade, port, slivered almonds, cinnamon and nutmeg into a saucepan. Place on the heat and stir until combined. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat. Add sliced apricots and mix through. Set aside to cool completely. Drizzle the glaze over the ham. Bake the ham for 1½ hours, basting every 30 minutes.
5. Transfer to a serving tray. Place any remaining pan juices into a serving jug and serve with ham.
• If the ham begins to colour too much, cover loosely with foil.
Recipe by @sydneyfoodsisters