Lucky Kitchen / Almond Citrus Cheesecake
ALMOND CITRUS CHEESECAKE
¾ cup Lucky Flaked Almonds
125g plain chocolate or sweet biscuits
5 level tsp powdered gelatine
3 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp fresh orange juice
425g can sliced mango, drained
2 x 60g egg whites
3 tbsp caster sugar
250g smooth ricotta
200ml low-fat fruit yoghurt
½ cup Lucky Flaked Almonds
300ml thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
170ml passionfruit pulp
- Line the base and sides of a 22cm spring form pan with baking paper
- Place 1¼ cups almonds in a food processor, coarsely blend and set aside.
- Place biscuits in a food processor and blend to a medium crumb. Melt butter in small saucepan. Reserve ½ cup almonds for filling – add remainder to pan, stir constantly until starting to brown. Stir in biscuit crumbs. Press firmly into base of spring form pan. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Soften gelatine in combined citrus juices in small pan. Dissolve over low heat, do not boil.
- Reserve 4 mango slices for decoration, chop remainder. Set aside
- Beat egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually beat in sugar to make a firm meringue. Set aside.
- Beat ricotta and yoghurt together until smooth. Add gelatine mixture and beat until smooth.
- Fold reserved almonds, chopped mango and meringue into ricotta mixture. Pour into pan. Chill until firm, about 6 hours.
- Fold passionfruit pulp into cream. Cut reserved mango slices in half. Cut cheesecake into wedges and decorate as illustrated.