ALMOND AND COCONUT CAKE
150g (¾ cup) coconut oil, firm
160g (1 cup) coconut or brown sugar
3 free-range eggs
250ml (1 cup) milk of choice
55g (½ cup) coconut flour
180g (1¾ cups) Lucky Almond Meal
50g (½ cup) Lucky Slivered Almonds
165g (¾ cup) frozen raspberries
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
- In a stand mixer, cream together coconut oil and sugar until fluffy and creamy.
- Add one egg at a time, scraping down the sides if needed. Once all eggs are combined, add milk and combine.
- Add coconut flour and almond meal and combine well.
- Spoon batter into baking paper lined round cake tin. Sprinkle over slivered almonds and raspberries and gently press into batter with flat hands.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool completely before cutting.
Recipe by @naturally_nutritious