ALMOND CRACKERS WITH GAZPACHO
175g (1¾ cup) LUCKY ALMOND MEAL
1 tsp parmesan cheese
1 tbsp dried parsley
55g (½ cup) LUCKY SLIVERED ALMONDS
125ml (½ cup) tomato juice, chilled
1 medium tomato, chopped
½ Lebanese cucumber
½ medium red pepper
1 clove of garlic
½ tsp fresh thyme leaves
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
salt and pepper, to taste
strawberries, to serve
edible flowers (optional)
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 160°C.
2. To make the Almond Crackers, add all the Almond Cracker ingredients except the slivered almonds, in a medium bowl and stir together to make a cohesive dough.
3. Place the dough on a piece of baking paper. Flatten with your hands and top with another piece of baking paper. Roll out dough to about 3mm thickness.
4. Remove the top paper. Using a pizza cutter, cut 2.5cm squares. Transfer the baking paper carefully onto a baking sheet. Press down slivered almonds onto the squares gently with your fingers.
5. Bake for 15 -16 minutes or until light golden brown.
6. Cool the crackers completely before transferring into an airtight container.
7. To make the Gazpacho, place tomato juice, tomato, cucumber, red pepper, garlic and thyme in the bowl of your food processor and process until almost smooth. Add balsamic vinegar.
8. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into serving glasses. Garnish with strawberries and edible flowers (if using). Serve immediately with almond crackers.