ALMOND, RICOTTA AND ORANGE HOTCAKES
2 tbsp brown sugar
150ml freshly squeezed orange juice
250g fresh ricotta
3 eggs, separated
finely grated zest of 2 oranges
⅓ cup Lucky Almond Meal
2 tbsp maize cornflour
¼ tsp cinnamon
20g unsalted butter
- Place 1 tbsp brown sugar and the orange juice in a small saucepan over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer and reduce by a half, 75ml. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Using a fork mash the ricotta in a large bowl. Add the remaining sugar, egg yolks, orange zest, almond meal, cornflour and spices. Stir to combine well.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into ricotta mixture to combine.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium high heat. Making 4 to 5 at a time, place spoonfuls of mixture into pan, spreading with back of spoon to form 12cm circles. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Set aside and keep warm. Repeat cooking with remaining mixture.
- Serve ricotta hotcakes with fresh berries and pour over the orange syrup.