APPLE AND RHUBARB NUT CRUMBLE
Serves 5 – 6
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Baking time – 20 minutes
1kg Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
2 tablespoons raw or brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup water
3 large stems rhubarb, trimmed and cut in 2.5cm lengths
½ cup frozen raspberries
60g x packet Lucky™ diced pistachios
110g x packet Lucky™ Australian toasted sliced almonds
1/3 cup (75g) brown sugar
1/3 cup (30g) rolled oats
½ cup (75g) plain flour
2 tablespoons (30g) Lucky™ Australian almond meal
2 tablespoons (20g) shredded coconut
90g melted butter
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced 160°C
- Place apple, sugar, cinnamon and water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cover. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until apple starts to soften. Add rhubarb, cook covered, for 3 minutes or until rhubarb just softens.
- Spoon into 5 x 1 cup individual dishes or a 5-cup capacity oven dish.
- Combine pistachios, almonds, brown sugar, oats, flour, almond meal, coconut and butter.
- Pile crumble on top of fruit and bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.