BAKED WHOLE BRIE WITH SPICED WALNUTS & RASPBERRIES
210g (2 cups) Lucky Natural Californian Walnuts
1 egg white
2 tbsp caster sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
200g whole brie
fresh thyme sprigs
1 tsp olive oil
125g fresh raspberries
1 tbsp maple syrup
crackers (or toasted baguette slices), to serve
1. To make the spiced walnuts, preheat fan-forced oven to 160°C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Toss walnuts in the egg white. Mix the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cayenne pepper together and add to the walnut mixture.
2. Spread the walnuts in a single layer on the prepared baking tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until walnuts are crisp and caramelised. Cool and store in an airtight container until needed.
3. To make the baked brie, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place brie in the centre and make 6 small slits on the cheese using a sharp knife. Insert a thyme sprig in each slit. Drizzle with olive oil.
4. Bring the edges of the baking paper up to the centre to enclose and twist to secure. Bake for 10 minutes or until brie is soft when pressed.
5. Top with fresh raspberries, spiced walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup. Serve immediately with crackers or toasted baguette.
Recipe by @sugaretal