BANANA ALMOND PANCAKES WITH SPICED ALMOND BUTTER
110g (1 cup) LUCKY OVEN ROASTED ALMONDS
¼ tsp sea salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
120g (1 cup) plain flour
50g (½ cup) LUCKY ALMOND MEAL
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
500ml (2 cups) almond milk
2 medium bananas, mashed
4 tsp coconut oil
30g LUCKY NATURAL SLICED ALMONDS
1. To make almond butter, add almonds and spices to a high-speed food processor and blitz for 2 minutes. Add oil and blitz again, until a creamy paste forms. Pour into a clean jar and set aside.
2. To make pancakes, add mashed banana, milk and vanilla to a mixing bowl and whisk together. Sift in dry ingredients and gently combine. Set aside for 5 minutes and preheat fan-forced oven to 50°C.
3. Heat a large, good-quality frypan over medium heat. Once hot, add 1/2 tsp coconut oil before adding ¼ cup of batter and cook for 2 minutes, or until bubbles form. Flip and cook on the other side until golden brown. Place pancakes on a tray in the warmed oven, and repeat process with remaining batter.
4. Serve warm, stacked high and topped with spiced almond butter, fresh seasonal fruit and LUCKY NATURAL SLICED ALMONDS.
• Recipe may make excess almond butter. Store in fridge for up to two weeks to keep fresh.