BLUEBERRY YOGHURT CAKE
1 cup (250ml) plain, thick yoghurt
1 cup (230g) caster sugar
⅓ cup (80ml) light olive oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 ½ cups (240g) plain flour
½ cup (50g) LUCKY ALMOND MEAL
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bi-carb soda
1 ½ cups (180g) frozen blueberries
30g LUCKY SLIVERED ALMONDS
30g LUCKY NATURAL PINE NUTS
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line the base of a 25cm spring-form pan with baking paper and grease the sides with a little oil.
2. Beat yoghurt, eggs, sugar, oil and vanilla together in a large bowl until smooth.
3. Fold in flour, almond meal, baking powder and bi-carb soda. Don’t over-mix.
4. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Arrange frozen blueberries on top and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes away clean. Cool in the tin.
5. Scatter with Lucky nuts and enjoy
This dish is good served with a spoonful of yoghurt or vanilla ice cream.
Use any frozen berries you like – just don’t thaw them or your cake will be soggy!
Scatter the nuts over the batter when adding the berries for a change.