BUCKWHEAT, KALE & MIXED SEED SALAD
200g butternut or kent pumpkin, cubed
185g (1 cup) raw buckwheat
500ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
110g kale leaves, chopped
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 tsp salt
200g (1.5 cups) Lucky Natural Seed Mix With Pine Nuts, lightly toasted
1 bunch parsley, leaves roughly chopped
6 spring onions, stems finely sliced
100g cherry tomatoes, chopped
50g dried cranberries
150g (3/4 cup) pomegranate arils (seeds)
100g feta, crumbled
salt and pepper, to taste
Zest of 1 lemon (1 tbsp)
85ml (1/3 cup) lemon juice
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp Tahini
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 160°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and spread pumpkin on tray. Season with salt and pepper and bake for 30 minutes, or until softened.
2. Put stock in saucepan and bring to the boil. Add buckwheat, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 12-15 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and rinse with a sieve in cold water to stop further cooking. Allow to drain and cool.
3. Put the chopped kale into a bowl with the olive oil and salt, and massage with your hands for 1 minute to soften. Set aside.
4. Add all ingredients to a serving bowl and stir to combine.
5. To make dressing, place all ingredients in a jar and shake well to mix. Adjust to taste.
6. Pour ¼ of the dressing over the salad and stir through. To prepare, top with remaining dressing and additional sprinkle of feta and pomegranate seeds to serve.
• Dressing can be made in advance and stored in a glass jar for 3 days in the fridge.
• Can substitute the buckwheat for brown rice or quinoa, if preferred.
• Can substitute vegetable stock for water and feta cheese for vegan alternative to make recipe vegan-friendly.
Recipe by @naturally_nutritious