CANDY CANE PEPPERMINT CHEESECAKES
140g (1 heaped cup) LUCKY NATURAL SLICED ALMONDS
80g (½ cup) dates, chopped and soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes, then drained
1 tbsp cacao nibs (optional)
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cacao powder
290g (2¾ cups) LUCKY NATURAL CASHEWS, soaked for 15 minutes in boiling water, then drained
125ml coconut oil
160ml coconut milk
80ml maple syrup (or natural sweetener of choice to taste)
2 tbsp peppermint extract (or a few pure peppermint drops to taste)
80g candy canes crushed
Peppermint Icing (Optional)
140g butter (vegan alternative)
130g (1 cup) icing mixture
6 large candy canes, crushed
80ml almond milk to consistency
1. Add almonds to food processor and pulse for a few seconds until crumbed.
2. Add remaining ingredients and pulse until a dough is formed.
3. Press into the base of silicon moulds and place in the freezer while you prepare the filling.
1. Blend all ingredients except candy canes until smooth.
2. Stir through crushed candy canes and spoon over bases.
3. Add more crushed candy canes during filling to create a layered effect.
4. Place in the freezer overnight to set.
Peppermint Icing (optional)
1. Beat butter with a hand mixer until creamy. Add icing mix, crushed candy canes and slowly add milk to desired consistency.
2. Pipe over cheesecakes prior to serving.