Lucky Kitchen / Chicken Stir Fry with Toasted Cashews
PRODUCTS IN THIS RECIPE
CHICKEN STIR FRY WITH TOASTED CASHEWS
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 15 minutes
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon brown sugar
¼ cup oyster sauce
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon cornflour
600g chicken thigh fillet, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon gochujang (Korean paste)
2 tablespoons peanut oil
1 large onion, sliced in wedges
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2cm piece ginger, grated
1 red chili, finely chopped
1 bunch baby broccoli, chopped in stems and flowers
1 bok choy, washed
250g snow peas
½ cup (75g) Lucky™ Australian toasted cashew pieces
1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Combine sesame oil, brown sugar, oyster sauce, fish sauce and cornflour. Place aside.
- Toss chicken in gochujang. Heat oil in a wok over a high heat. Stir fry chicken in batches for 3 – 5 minutes or until browned. Remove and repeat with remaining chicken. Place chicken aside.
- Heat remaining oil, add onion cook for 1 minute then add garlic, ginger and chili and cook until fragrant. Add the broccoli stems and cook for 1 minute, add the remaining vegetables and stir fry for 2 minutes or until vibrant green.
- Add combined sauces to pan and stir until vegetables are coated. Return chicken to pan and cook until just heated through.
- To serve, top with cashews and black sesame seeds. Enjoy with steamed rice.
For a Perfect Stir Fry
Blanch broccoli stems, not the flower heads, in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain.
Gochujang is a fermented Korean paste, available in a red tub in the supermarket.