CHOCOLATE AND CRANBERRY SEED BARS
Makes 8 bars
125g (1 cup) dried cranberries
200g (1½ cups) LUCKY NATURAL SEED MIX WITH PINE NUTS
10g (½ cup) puffed brown rice
2 tbsp maple syrup
¼ tsp salt
200g good quality 70% dark chocolate
1. Place dried cranberries in a small bowl and cover with boiling water for 15 minutes, then drain.
2. Put cranberries, seed mix, puffed rice, maple syrup and salt into a food processor and combine until the mixture holds together when pressed. Press cranberry mixture into a lined square baking tin and put aside.
3. Place chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a small saucepan of gently simmering water and stir until melted. Remove chocolate from the heat and pour over cranberry mixture. Smooth chocolate until evenly distributed and place in freezer until set.
4. To serve, cut into rectangles using a hot knife. Store excess slices in an airtight container in the freezer until required.
• Maple syrup can be replaced with rice malt syrup, if preferred.