CHOCOLATE FRUIT NUT SLICE
110g (1 cup) Lucky Slivered Almonds, plus extra for decoration (crushed)
85g (½ cup) Lucky Pistachios, plus extra for decoration (crushed)
60g (½ cup) dried cranberries
60g (½ cup) dried cherries
200g quality 70% dark chocolate
100g unsalted butter
60ml (¼ cup) double cream
60ml (¼ cup) freshly made strong espresso coffee
½ teaspoon ground cardamom
100g (1 cup) Lucky Almond Meal, plus extra for decoration (crushed)
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 170°C. Line the base and sides of an 18cm square tin with baking paper.
2. Spread slivered almonds over a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes, or until nuts are lightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
3. Combine the slivered almonds, pistachios and dried fruit in a medium bowl and set aside.
4. Place the chocolate, butter and cream in a bowl over a saucepan half filled with water. Place saucepan over medium heat and bring water to a simmer. Stir to melt chocolate and combine. Stir in the coffee, cardamom and almond meal.
5. Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the fruit and nut mixture and stir to combine. Spoon into the prepared tin and tap on the bench to settle all ingredients. Place in refrigerator to set, about 4 hours.
6. To serve, sprinkle crushed nuts over the top, remove from tin and cut into squares.