CHOCOLATE TART WITH SUNFLOWER SEED CRUST
Sunflower Seed Crust
200g (1½ cups) LUCKY NATURAL SUNFLOWER KERNELS
45g (½ cup) oat flour
60ml (¼ cup) coconut oil
45ml maple syrup
¼ tsp salt
Chocolate Cream Filling
200ml thickened cream
200g good quality 70% dark chocolate
100g baked sweet potato, puréed
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp salt
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 160°C. Lightly grease a pie dish or quiche tin.
2. In a food processor, grind the sunflower kernels to a fine meal. Add the oat flour, coconut oil, maple syrup and salt and mix until a dough forms.
3. Press firmly into the pie tin with your fingers. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden before removing and allow to cool in the tin.
4. For the filling, add all ingredients to a saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring gently until chocolate is melted.
5. Pour chocolate cream filling into base and chill for 2 hours until set. Serve topped with fresh berries and cream.
• Thickened cream can be substituted with coconut cream, for vegan alternative.
• Sliced berries can be layered on the bottom of the cooked tart base for a fruitier option.