400g (4 cups) Lucky Almond Meal
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
100g (½ cup) brown sugar
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
20 Lucky Natural Almonds
125g (1 cup) icing sugar
2-4 tbsp water
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 160°C.
2. Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl and combine. Add eggs and vanilla and combine with a spoon until firm dough forms. Wrap dough in cling wrap and keep in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
3. Roll out dough to ½cm thick between two pieces of baking paper. Use a gingerbread man cookie cutter to cut out cookies and carefully place them on a tray lined with baking paper. Repeat with dough, re-rolling and cutting until finished.
4. Carefully place an almond on the ‘chest’ of each gingerbread man, and gently curl the arms over to ‘hold’ the almond, pressing down dough onto almonds to hold them in place. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
5. Combine icing sugar and water until smooth, adding more icing sugar or water so your icing is a very thick consistency. Place icing into a piping bag (or ziplock bag, cutting a tiny hole in one corner for icing to be piped through). Pipe a smile and two eyes.
6. Let gingerbread men set for 20 minutes, then enjoy.
Recipe by @naturally_nutritious