HAZELNUT CHOCOLATE ICE-CREAM LOG
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Chill time – overnight
1 tablespoon (30g) raw sugar
1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
1/4 cup (25g) Lucky™ Hazelnut Meal
1/3 cup Lucky™ Natural Hazelnuts, chopped
1/4 cup (33g) chopped dried cranberries
100g cooking chocolate, roughly chopped
397g can condensed milk
1 1/2 cups (360ml) thickened cream
1/2 cup (50g) cocoa, sifted
1/2 cup (70g) Lucky™ Hazelnut Meal
250g can Whipped Dairy Topping (found in chiller department)
1/4 cup (35g) chopped Lucky™ Natural Hazelnuts, for garnish
50g cooking chocolate, roughly chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced).
- Crumble – Combine butter, sugar, flour, hazelnut meal in a food processor and pulse for 10 seconds or until mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs. Pour onto a line baking tray, add chopped hazelnuts, and bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool completely on tray then stir through cranberries and chocolate.
- Lightly grease a 19cm x 10cm x 6cm deep loaf pan and line base and sides with 2 layers of baking paper, allowing paper to extend 2cm above edges of pan. The overhang aids easy removal once frozen.
- Combine chocolate and oil in a heatproof bowl and melt over saucepan of simmering water. Pour over caramel and allow to set.
- Pour half the crumble onto the base of the loaf pan and press down into pan with the back of a spoon, top with half the chocolate ice-cream mixture, repeat with remaining crumble and chocolate ice cream. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight.
- Take ice-cream loaf from freezer. Invert loaf onto a large flat platter and peel away baking paper. Shake whipped dairy topping and pipe on top of ice cream loaf. Return to the freezer immediately and freeze uncovered 30 minutes. Decorate top with hazelnuts and chocolate. Serve or freeze in airtight container until required.