HAZELNUT AND TOFU STUFFED MUSHROOMS
6 Portobello mushrooms
1 tsp coconut oil
¼ onion, finely diced
¾ stick celery, finely diced
1 shallot/spring onion, finely diced
1 tsp (heaped) minced garlic
100g extra firm tofu, pressed and crumbled
½ tsp dried mixed herbs
30g (¼ cup) LUCKY HAZELNUT MEAL
5g nutritional yeast
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp dried cranberries, roughly chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
40g (¼ cup) crushed LUCKY HAZELNUT KERNELS for topping
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 160°C.
2. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop them finely. Set stems aside.
3. Place the whole Portobello mushrooms in a non-stick pan and sauté them in some coconut oil for a couple of minutes each side, to soften. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. In the same pan cook the chopped mushroom stems, onion, celery, shallots and garlic for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the crumbled tofu and mixed herbs and cook for another couple of minutes.
6. Add the hazelnut meal, nutritional yeast, parsley, cranberries, salt and pepper. Stir well and remove from heat.
7. In a glass baking dish oiled with coconut oil, add the Portobello mushrooms and fill with the tofu mix. Bake for 10 minutes.
8. Once cooked, sprinkle with the crushed raw hazelnuts and serve immediately.