MINI ALMOND AND RASPBERRY PAVLOVAS
4 egg whites
220g (1 cup) caster sugar
1 tsp white wine vinegar
35g (⅓ cup) Lucky Almond Meal
60ml (¼ cup) water
310g (1 cup) raspberry or plum jam
80ml (⅓ cup) Grand Marnier
1 tbsp icing sugar
300g fresh raspberries
600ml pouring cream
60g (½ cup) Lucky Natural Pistachios, roughly chopped (or Lucky Flaked Almonds, roasted)
- Line two baking trays with baking paper. Preheat fan-forced oven to 120°C.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites in a bowl until soft peaks begin to form. While continually whisking, gradually add the sugar a spoonful at a time. Add the vinegar and continue to whisk until the mixture is glossy and firm peaks form. Gently fold in the almond meal to combine.
- Working with two tablespoons, place rounded mounds of the mixture at 3cm intervals onto the baking trays, to allow for spreading.
- Place the trays in the oven and immediately reduce temperature to 100°C. Bake for 45 minutes. Turn off oven and leave the door slightly ajar, placing a wooden spoon handle between the oven and door. Leave meringues to cool completely in the oven.
- To make syrup, place the water, jam and Grand Marnier in a medium saucepan over a low heat. Stir to combine and bring to a low simmer until jam melts. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Whisk cream with icing sugar until soft peaks form. When ready to serve, top each meringue with a dollop of cream and about 5 raspberries. Spoon over a little syrup then sprinkle over chopped pistachios.
Meringues can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for up to a week.