Makes 12 muffins
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Baking time – 25 minutes
1¼ cups(185g) plain or spelt flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¾ cup (75g ) Lucky™ almond or hazelnut meal
¼ cup (55g) brown sugar
2/3 cup (160ml) light olive oil
½ cup (120ml)maple syrup
½ cup (125ml) milk
2 cups (200g) frozen raspberries
60g x packet Lucky™ diced pistachios
- Line 12 x ½ cup capacity muffin pans. Preheat oven 200 °C ( 180°C fan forced)
- Sift together flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Add nut meal and brown sugar. Stir to evenly combine. Make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together eggs, oil, maple and milk. Pour egg mixture into well and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon mixture into prepared pans. Press raspberries into the muffins and top with pistachios. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
Why not try swapping raspberries and pistachios for:
- 2 apples, diced. Top with ½ cup Lucky™ diced hazelnuts
- 2 sliced bananas. Top with ½ cup Lucky™ Australian sliced raw almonds
- create carrot muffins by folding in 1½ cups grated carrot through muffin mixture. Spoon mixture into prepared pans topped with ½ cup Lucky™ diced brazil nuts.