NUT AND SEED ROAST
125g (1 cup) Lucky Crumbed Walnuts (extra, to serve)
75g (½ cup) Lucky Natural Pepitas (extra, to serve)
1 tbsp oil of choice
1 onion, finely chopped
2 carrots, finely chopped
1 stick of celery, finely chopped
½ tsp cayenne pepper
100g (1 cup) grated cheese
3 tsp psyllium powder mixed with 6 tbsp water and allowed to sit for 15 minutes
60g (⅔ cup) rolled oats
2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
finely grated zest of 1 lemon
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 160°C.
- Spread the walnuts and pepitas on a baking tray and roast for 5-10 minutes until golden. Remove and scrape into a mixing bowl.
- Heat the oil in a frypan and sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery and cayenne pepper and cook for a further 7 minutes until softened. Mix with the nuts in the mixing bowl.
- Reserve about 3 tbsp of the cheese and add the rest to the mixing bowl, with the nuts and veggie mix.
- Stir through the psyllium, eggs, oats, parsley, herbs and lemon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scrape into a baking paper lined loaf tin and smooth down the top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese, more nuts and / or pepitas
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden and firm to touch in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from the tin.
- Slice and serve with vegetables and gravy.
Recipe by @healthyeating_jo