NUTTY HOLIDAY WREATH SALAD
Nutty Cheese Balls
110g (1 cup) Lucky Natural Pistachios
65g (1/2 cup) Lucky Natural Pine Nuts
55g (1/2 cup) Lucky Natural Californian Walnuts
500g cream cheese, chopped
125g sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tbsp red pepper, finely chopped
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp thyme, freshly chopped
500g cherry tomatoes
350g Kalamata olives
350g green olives
60g baby rocket leaves
12-15 fresh basil leaves
Honey Ginger Vinaigrette
120ml (1/2 cup) red wine vinegar (or rice vinegar)
1 tsp ginger, freshly grated
1 tsp garlic, freshly minced
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp honey
salt and pepper, to taste
80ml (1/2 cup) extra virgin olive oil
1. To make the nutty cheese balls, process the nuts in a food processor until coarsely ground. Leave aside or store until needed.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, red pepper, Worcestershire sauce and thyme in a large bowl until smooth and blended. Cover the bowl with cling film. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
3. When ready to prepare the balls, place nut mixture in a shallow dish. Roll cream cheese mixture between the palms to make golf-sized balls. Gently roll each cheese ball in the nut mixture until well coated. Refrigerate until needed.
4. To make the vinaigrette, combine all the ingredients except the olive oil in a glass bowl. Then, pour the oil in a thin stream, mixing it simultaneously with a spoon until well blended. Refrigerate until needed.
5. When ready to serve, take a large plate and place the rocket leaves in a circle. Arrange the cherry tomatoes, olives and cheese balls around the circle. Decorate with basil leaves. Finally, place the vinaigrette in a small bowl in the centre of the circle.
Recipe by @sugaretal