PEARL COUSCOUS SALAD
Half of a butternut pumpkin
340g (2 cups) pearl couscous
500ml (2 cups) vegetable stock
½ cup basil leaves
80ml (⅓ cup) extra virgin olive oil, extra for roasting pumpkin
60g (½ cup) Lucky Hazelnuts
20g (¼ cup) Lucky Pine Nuts
55g (½ cup) Lucky Slivered Almonds
1 clove garlic
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Remove skin and seeds from pumpkin and cut into 2cm cubes. Coat lightly in olive oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper and roast in the oven for 25-30 minutes until tender.
2. While the pumpkin is cooking, add the pearl couscous to a pan and cover with the stock for around 15 minutes, simmering with a lid on until the stock is absorbed and the couscous is tender.
3. Put the Lucky Pine Nuts in a small fry pan and toast over a medium heat until they are lightly coloured and then put into a food processor with the basil, extra virgin olive oil, garlic and a pinch of salt. Blend until combined.
4. Once the pumpkin is cooked, place Lucky Hazelnuts into a baking tray and roast for 8 or so minutes. When they are cool to touch, remove the skin by wrapping them in a tea towel and rubbing vigorously, and gently blowing away the skins (best done outside!).
5. To serve, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well to ensure the dressing is distributed evenly through the dish.