PISTACHIO PAVLOVA TOPPED WITH
Serves 8 – 10
Preparation time – 30 minutes
Baking time – 1 1/4 hours
6 large free-range egg whites
300 g (1 1/3) cups caster sugar
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 tablespoon cornflour
60g Lucky™ Diced Pistachios
1 cup Greek natural yoghurt
300 ml double cream
1 tablespoon caster sugar
1 fresh peach, sliced
1 mango, sliced
Finely grated rind 1 lime
optional – 2 teaspoons maple syrup, for drizzle
- Preheat the oven to 120°C (100°C fan forced). Line 2 trays with baking paper. Draw a 20cm circle on each piece of baking paper. Turn paper over.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large bowl with a pinch of salt using an electric mixer, until soft peaks form. Add caster sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well between each addition. This will take around 10 minutes and mixture will be glossy and form stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the vinegar, then cornflour through the meringue. Divide mixture between the 2 circles & spread within the drawn lines. Sprinkle meringues with pistachios. Bake for 1 ¼ hours. Turn off oven and leave pavlova in the oven with the door ajar to cool.
- Meanwhile, line a colander with a clean chux or tea towel and place over a bowl. Add yoghurt and return to fridge to strain for 30 minutes. Yoghurt will become thick.
- To assemble – Whip the cream with the sugar until it forms soft peaks, fold through yoghurt.
- Place one meringue pistachio disc on a platter. Spread half the cream mixture on top. Sandwich with remaining pistachio meringue. Spread remaining cream mixture over the top layer and decorate with peaches, mango, lime rind. Optional decoration. Drizzle with maple syrup.