ROAST PORK LOIN WITH NUT, SAGE, ROSEMARY & THYME FILLING
1.6-1.8kg rolled loin of pork (ask butcher to score skin about 1cm apart)
2 tbsp sea salt
45g (1/3 cup) Lucky Natural Pine Nuts
35g (1/3 cup) Lucky Natural Californian Walnuts
55g (1/3 cup) Lucky Natural Pistachios
2 tsp fennel seeds
3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup sage leaves
2 sprigs of rosemary, leaves picked
4 sprigs of thyme, leaves picked
1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 180°C.
2. Place all filling ingredients into bowl of food processor. Blend until nuts are coarsely chopped.
3. Open out loin, with skin side down. Spread nut mixture over flat side of meat and roll loin over the filling. Tie loin with string firmly at 1cm intervals along length to hold in shape. Rub salt into score cuts and over skin. Place loin in a roasting tray.
4. Roast for 50-60 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced with a skewer. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
5. To serve, cut loin into 1cm thick slices using the score marks in the crackling as a guide.