ROASTED MACADAMIA AND SALTED HONEY ETON MESS
75g (¾ cup) Lucky Natural Macadamias
85g (¼ cup) honey
¼ tsp sea salt (or regular salt)
300ml thickened cream
2 tsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 store-bought meringue nests, crushed
edible flowers, to serve (optional)
- Preheat fan-forced oven to 160°C.
- Place macadamias on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown, being careful not to burn.
- Place the honey and salt in a small saucepan and warm slightly. Remove the pan from heat and leave aside until needed.
- Using an electric mixer, whip cream, icing sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Roughly crumble the meringue and divide some among 4 serving glasses. Top with whipped cream, roasted macadamias and honey. Repeat the layers until the top is reached.
- Serve with edible flowers (if using).
Recipe by @sugaretal