ROASTED SUMMER BERRY NUT CRUMBLE
250g strawberries, leaves removed
110g (½ cup) caster sugar
1 vanilla pod, halved lengthways, seeds scraped
juice of one orange
mascarpone, to serve
100g (1 cup) LUCKY ALMOND MEAL
40g (⅓ cup) LUCKY SLIVERED ALMONDS
40g (⅓ cup) LUCKY FLAKED ALMONDS
35g (⅓ cup) LUCKY GOLDEN NATURAL WALNUTS, chopped
1 teaspoon mixed spice
½ teaspoon ground ginger
90g (½ cup) brown sugar
60g unsalted butter, cold and diced
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 135°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place hazelnut meal and icing sugar in a bowl and mix to combine well.
3. Whisk egg whites in a large bowl, using electric mixer, until soft peaks form. With motor running continuously, add caster sugar a tablespoon at a time and beat until firm peaks form and mixture is glossy. Using a spatula, gently fold in hazelnut mixture to combine well.
4. Spoon mixture into a piping bag fitted with a 1cm plain nozzle. Pipe 2.5cm diameter rounds of mixture onto prepared trays, about 3cm apart. Leave for 30 minutes at room temperature. Bake for 15 minutes, swapping trays halfway during cooking time, until macarons are crisp on the outside. Turn oven off and place a wooden spoon handle between oven door, leaving slightly ajar. Cool completely in the oven.
5. To make chocolate filling, place chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Heat cream in a small saucepan over medium heat, until just simmering. Remove from heat and pour over the chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes until the ganache is a spreadable consistency.
6. To fill macarons, spread the bases of half the macarons with chocolate ganache and sandwich together with remaining macarons.