STRAWBERRY & ALMOND CUSTARD TARTS
1 cup pure cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 teaspoon cornflour
2 egg yolks
12 sweet pastry tart shells
¼ cup LUCKY SLIVERED ALMONDS, lightly toasted
250g (1 punnet) fresh strawberries, cut into even pieces
2 tablespoons strawberry jam, melted
1. To make custard, place cream in a saucepan with vanilla extract and bring to boil (remove from heat immediately).
2. In a bowl whisk together the caster sugar, cornflour and egg yolks then pour on top of heated cream, whisking continuously.
3. Put back over moderate heat and continue to whisk until mixtures just thickens – remove to cool slightly.
4. Spread custard evenly between the 12 tart shells and place in fridge to set (approx ½ hour).
5. Insert several toasted Lucky Slivered Almonds into each tart, cover with some pieces of strawberry in a fan-like decoration and gently spoon over the melted jam to create a lovely glaze. Refrigerate for further five minutes to set glaze and then serve.