SWEET POTATO AND ROCKET QUICHE
Preparation – 30 minutes
Baking time – 1 hour 15 minutes
¼ cup (20g) rolled oats
½ cup (58g) Lucky™ LSA mix with chia
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
½ cup (60g) Lucky™ Australian almond meal
2/3 cup (100g) plain flour
¼ teaspoon salt
80g butter, chilled, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic (whole with skin on)
500g chopped sweet potato & potato, cut into 2.5cm pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
60g (1 large handful) rocket or spinach
1 cup(120g) grated tasty cheese
10 cherry tomatoes halved
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced.) Grease a rectangular loose-based fluted tart tin. 2.5 cm deep 34cm x 11.5 cm.
- Process the oats, LSA and chia, sesame seeds, almond meal, flour and salt in a food processor until fine. Add butter. Process until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the egg and process until the mixture just comes together. Turn onto lightly floured baking paper and knead until smooth. Pat into a flat disc. Wrap up in plastic film and place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Roll pastry out on lightly floured baking paper until large enough to cover base and sides of prepared tin. Flip pastry over rolling pin and carefully remove the paper. Ease it into the tin, pressing into the edges. Trim the excess. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Place tart tin on a baking tray. Line pastry case with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove paper and weights or rice. Bake for a further 10 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool.
- Increase oven heat to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Place onions, garlic, sweet potato and potato onto a large baking tray. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with rosemary. Bake for 25 minutes. Squeeze clove of garlic and mix through vegetables. Add rocket to hot roasted veggies and toss to wilt.
- Whisk together the eggs, ricotta, tasty cheese in a jug and combine with roasted vegetables.
- Pour into pastry base and top with cherry tomatoes. Bake for 20 minutes or until filling is set and golden. Set aside for 10 minutes to cool slightly. Remove from the tin. Slice and enjoy with salad.