VEGAN ROSE & HAZELNUT ROCKY ROAD
250g (2 cups) LUCKY NATURAL HAZELNUTS
50g (½ cup) shredded coconut
10g (½ cup) freeze-dried strawberries
80g vegan white chocolate, roughly chopped
3 tbsp T2 Just Rose Loose Leaf Herbal Tisane, leaves removed
300g good quality 85% dark chocolate, roughly chopped
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp pure maple syrup
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 180°C. Line an 18cm square cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
2. On a baking tray, roast hazelnuts for 12-15 minutes, turning regularly. Keep a close eye on the nuts, ensuring you don’t burn them.
3. After roasting, turn nuts into a clean tea towel and rub with vigour to remove skins, before allowing to cool and individually removing any remaining skin or burnt nuts. Once you have a bowl of deskinned nuts, add them to a large mixing bowl, along with coconut, strawberries, white chocolate and 2 tsp of rose petals and combine. Set aside.
4. Place dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a small saucepan of gently simmering water and stir until melted. Remove from heat, add coconut oil and maple syrup and whisk together before setting aside to cool slightly.
5. Pour dark chocolate over the hazelnut mix and combine well, then transfer to the cake tin. Top with the remaining 1 tsp of rose petals and then place in the fridge for 1-2 hours to set. To serve, use a very hot and sharp knife and cut into 12-16 pieces. Enjoy!
• Freeze-dried strawberries can be found at health food stores or online.
• Vegan white chocolate can be substituted for regular white chocolate, if desired.