VIETNAMESE CHICKEN SALAD WITH MAPLE NUT CRUNCH
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 20 minutes
MAPLE NUT CRUNCH
¼ cup (35g) Lucky™ toasted sunflower seeds
½ cup (75g) Lucky™ toasted cashews pieces
¼ cup (35g) Lucky™ Australian toasted slivered almonds
1 tablespoon maple syrup
½ teaspoon Sriracha
¼ teaspoon sea salt
60ml (1/4 cup) fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 fresh red birdseye chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 x chicken breast fillets
1 corn cob, blanched in boiling water for 2 minutes
¼ wombok cabbage, finely shredded
¼ red cabbage, finely shredded
1 carrot, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
½ cup beansprouts
½ cup fresh Vietnamese mint leaves
½ cup fresh coriander leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced)
- Maple nut crunch: In a bowl, combine sunflower seeds, cashews, almonds, maple syrup, sriracha and sea salt. Spoon the mixture onto a baking paper lined tray and cook for 10 – 12minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool. Roughly break into shards to garnish of salad.
- Dressing: Combine the lime juice, sugar, fish sauce, chilli and garlic in a screw-top jar. Shake well to combine.
- Salad: Place the chicken in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and immediately reduce heat to a low simmer. Cover and gently poach for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked. Remove from heat and set aside in pan for 10 minutes to cool. Remove chicken from liquid, cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge until ready to serve. Finely shred chicken with a cook’s knife.
- Cut corn from cob and toss with cabbages, carrot, bean sprouts, mint and coriander. Add chicken and drizzle with dressing. Served topped with maple nut crunch.