WALNUT ANZAC BISCUITS
45g (½ cup) rolled oats
50g (½ cup) desiccated coconut
120g (1 cup) plain flour, sifted
170g (¾ cup) caster sugar
100g (1 cup) LUCKY NATURAL CALIFORNIAN WALNUTS, roughly chopped
125g unsalted butter
1 tbsp golden syrup
1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tbsp boiling water
1. Preheat fan-forced oven to 160°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, coconut, flour, sugar and 50g of walnuts.
3. In a small saucepan, melt the butter and golden syrup. In a separate bowl, mix the bicarbonate of soda with boiling water before adding to the butter mixture. Once combined, pour into dry ingredients.
4. Using your hands, combine the mixture together before shaping into teaspoon-sized balls. Roll balls in remaining walnuts to coat and place at intervals on baking trays.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before transferring biscuits to wire racks.