WHITE CHOCOLATE GINGERBREAD NAKED CAKE
Cake Layer (Repeat 3 times for 3 layers):
110g (3/4 cup) self-raising flour
35g (⅓ cup) Lucky Almond Meal
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
160g (3/4 cup) raw sugar
120g (1/2 cup) apple puree
60ml (1/4 cup) almond milk
30ml (⅛ cup) coconut oil
2 tsp molasses
Frosting (enough for 3 layers)
400g (3 cups) Lucky Natural Cashews, soaked overnight
100g (3/4 cup) cacao butter
85ml (1/3 cup) maple syrup
375ml (1 & 1/2 cups) almond milk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1. For the cake layers, preheat fan-forced oven to 160°C. Grease and line a 20cm springform round cake tin.
2 Mix the dry ingredients (except the sugar) in a bowl. Mix the sugar and wet ingredients in another bowl. Add wet to dry and stir until just combined. Pour into prepared tin and bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
3. Repeat recipe for the number of layers you require.
4. For white chocolate cashew frosting, blend all ingredients in a high-powered blender until smooth. Start with three-quarters of the milk and add more to desired consistency. Place in the freezer to chill and harden for 30 minutes prior to icing the cooled cakes.
5. When assembling, add half the frosting to a piping bag. Squeeze a small amount of frosting onto the centre of your serving plate and top with one cake layer. Pipe frosting over top of cake. Layer with next cake round and repeat until all layers completed. Using a flat pallet knife, scrape the remaining frosting in a rustic style around the outside and top of cake.
6. Top with fresh fruit, crushed nuts or decorations as desired prior to serving
Recipe by @healthyeating_jo